Services for New York City Families
NyC High School and Middle School Admissions
Jenn Choi offers New York City High School and Middle School Admissions Consultation for parents of twice-exceptional students and parents of students with special education services.
Jenn's affordable one-to-one admissions consultation package includes:
- Guidance to parents on how to do super smart research with laser-like focus. (You can do it!)
- Training on how to involve your children in the process (create buy-in and increase EF skills!)
- Jenn's best "Bewares"- key tips that specifically affect children with special education servies.
- Jenn's customizable worksheets to keep you on track.
Assistive Tech Coaching
Parents and students will receive:
- assistance with getting digital books and textbooks for free so your child can fully understand what he needs to learn
- learn about various tools and determine which are the best for your child
- assist you in getting an assistive technology evaluation from the city- this is important!
- coaching you and your child after the evaluation- Jenn will help you ensure your child's school is making the education accessible and will help your child be productive with his new tools.
Real writing instruction
"We've got the tech but my child still writes nothing!"
Children who struggle with language (reading and/or writing) will often fall behind in both reading comprehension and writing skills because things were not accessible to them. However, even after they are approved for the tech, they still need help and they need help from someone who knows how to use the tools that they've been given. This is the missing link most schools do not offer students. Jenn has completed coursework in the Hochman Method (The Writing Revolution)and has studied and assisted families with executive functioning support to help your children be more productive learners.